Mission and Purpose
The mission and purpose of Union Temple Baptist Church is to carry out the mandate of Jesus, to feed (His) sheep by developing the spiritual lives of members to be followers of Jesus. Union Temple, employing Africentric perspectives and universal spiritual truths, has a particular and peculiar responsibility to empower the people of God, spiritually, mentally and physically to build the Kingdom of God here on earth as it is in heaven.
Five Goals of UTBC
1. A WORSHIPPING CHURCH
Every member seeking fellowship with God in SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH through prayer, praise and worship.
2. A LEARNING CHURCH
Every member committed to Bible study and spiritual development by enrolling in Sunday School, Spiritual Dynamics or Leon Wright's Seminary classes.
3. A SOUL-WINNING CHURCH
Each one REACH ONE. Every member demonstrating the love of God by touching the untouched, and reaching the unreached through genuine CHRISTIAN CONCERN and FELLOWSHIP. To love people and let God save them.
4. A TITHING CHURCH
Every member a tither, giving 10% of time, talent and treasure. This is the biblical way of financing the WORK OF THE KINGDOM without begging.
5. A MAKING A DIFFERENCE CHURCH
Every member making a difference in the world by showing people who we are by the LOVE WE SHOW.
Nine Principles of Spiritual Self-Development
The Nine Principles of Union Temple are the pillars to our ministry. Each member is required to learn these principles, live these principles and share these principles.
1. Fellowship - An association of people (church body) with common interests and tastes
2. Bond - The thing that holds the group (church body) together
3. Love - To be able to express oneself totally
4. Truth - The way things are right now
5. Trust - To have no question about
6. Commitment - A right to some input, but no question about the final result
7. Spirit - The unseen part of us that controls the way we act
8. Soul - The unseen part of us that controls the way we feel
9. Self - Combination of Spirit and Soul